Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Birthday Card For My Brother

Hello everyone,

How was your Saturday? Being on the west coast its only just getting to 6PM here, but for many of you it's already come and gone. I'll share all about my Saturday tomorrow, but for today I have a Birthday card that I made up for my brother. And this time not only is it done early, but he will be getting it early as well- *gasp*!


So nothing to fancy, he's a guy who just doesn't see the need for that stuff. Though he does love his cats. Cats and Trains are what hes into ever since he was young. And while I would get a whole big lecture about why the train that I choose was wrong or how I should have colored it, I figured that a cat image was a safe bet!


A close up on the cat. I was coloring late at night so I ended up trying to add a weird elementary school sun. I kinda tried to fix it, I'm sure that he wont even notice. I was also using water color pencils and trying to get some shading in on the cat, I think I kinda succeeded but that can be a bit hard to do as well, you almost have to work in layers.


Last picture of it standing up. You can see that I put in a pocket for a gift card back there. I used a glassine envelop and then put paper over it to write a message on. Over all I think it worked out, though I kept wanting to add flowers or bling to it! All of the things that I used on this card were just kind of leftovers that came together from my stash, though the stamp is 'La Blanche'(? those were the only words that I could find on the stamp).
Another post tomorrow about the Art walk that was here in Gresham today, and maybe another card!

XoX ~Sarah

Challenges Entered:

Pals Paper Arts 139 - A Sketch Challenge
Dude Time Doodles Challenge - Anything Goes (For a Dude)
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Lets Hear it for the Boys
Wishcraft - Waste Not Wednesdays wk27

8 comments:

  1. Morning sweetie, this is gorgeously stunning, a truly gorgeous creation I so love the image too, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! That stamp is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Dude Time Doodles this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and great coloring on the kitty. I'm sure your brother will love it. So glad you joined us for the Anything Goes (for a dude) challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, I like the image and the buttons, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brother will be very pleased with your cute card! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with a cat! This one is cute too! I love the GC pocket and I bet your brother does too! Thanks for joining us at the Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those buttons are fabulous and the coloring is great! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Let's Hear It For The Boys Challenge!

    ReplyDelete