Monday, July 16, 2012

Baby Girl Pocket Card

Hello Everyone!

Not a whole lot to say today just sharing a card. I made this on the request of a friend, who's nephew's girlfriend just had a baby. It's kinda different for me because I didn't use a digi, or a stamp, though not for lack of trying. I have to admit that I was defeated by the image of a baby elephant! The image kept smearing, if it had worked then this would have been done on Friday. But as I was gone for the weekend, I finally admitted defeat this morning and used a butterfly punch from Martha Stewart.



Though I did not use a digi, I did print this out since I dint have a stamp.



So not much going on here. I used a flower border punch and put little gems in the middle of each flower. A scalloped circle by Spellbinders. A little rhinestone flourish. And the butterfly like I said above is Martha Stewart, I punched out 3 and layered them to give the wings some dimension. The paper is Olivia by Basic Grey. I was so happy to use this, I had bought a bunch of this a while back not knowing what I would use it for and now I finally have a card to use it on. I might end up making more of these just to have on hand or sell.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week, I'll try to get two more cards done and posted so check back if your following!

XoX ~Sarah

Challenges entered:

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Bling
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

PS- it was ridiculously hard to find challenges to enter, everyone is doing Christmas in July and what not, lol!

PPS- insperation for this card came from Angie's post Sassy Wedding Garter on Yuki's Girls. Thank you so much for the insperation Angie, I was a bit lost on what to do and then I saw your card and knew that it was just what I needed!

4 comments:

  1. what a fab card ,love the fold and the papers are so pretty
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, love the colours and I love a pocket card :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh this is so pretty, love how you have made the shaped card, I wouldnt mind trying that, is it a tamplate? its stunning darl, have a lovely weekend huggies June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous creation Sarah! love these pocket style cards! saw you on MIM.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete