Friday, July 20, 2012

Tropical Snowman...

'Ello my freaky darlings!,

Lol, I couldn't resist. I only watched 'The League of Extraordinary Gentalmen' once, but that line has stayed with me and popped up at the most random times. How is everyone on this Friday evening? Big plans for the weekend? Me, I'm going to do my best to crank out some more cards and try and sew my quilt together. And somewhere in there I suppose that I'll have to go get my brother a birthday present.

Nothing too special to share today, I've been trying to make cards all week but people keep getting in the way. So today everyone was gone when I came home from work, I sat down and made a Christmas card based off of a sketch challenge. I'm all done making my card and taking a picture, then I'm looking for this challenge so I can link it up and... turns out the sketch I had was 2 weeks old! I just had to laugh! But any-who here it is...



So the paper is My Mind's Eye - Colorful Christmas, I used watercolor pencils, the Sakura 'Starbutst' (name?) pen, and some glossy accents on the image. The stamp is by Great Impressions, the snowflake border punch is Martha Stewart. I used the Elegant Scrollwork by Memory Box, and the 'Merry Christmas' (which I just thought was too cute) is by Impression Obsession.

Tip: I know that I've said it before but, all those snowflakes from the punch... SAVE THEM! I have no idea what I'll use them for but there so pretty. I'm going to make them into stickers and save them for another Christmas card or project. This is a great way to add to your backgrounds or even give them to the kids for there art projects! (and yes I love using '!' mark!)


So something new for me was using the layers upon layers of paper. I do love the effect when others do it, but for me I'm almost afraid to do that. This was one of the reason why I forced myself to do this sketch, trying to get past that fear and just create. My card was so 'top heavy' that even if I hadn't already planed on it, I just had to put paper on the inside so it wouldn't tip over.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll try to post again by Sunday at the latest!

XoX ~Sarah

Challenges entered:

ATC & Cards With Attitude - Challenge 18 Anything Goes
Annabelle Stamps Blog - Say it with... Christmas
Stamping with the Dragon - Christmas in July

10 comments:

  1. Morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous work, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those gorgeous layers of colour and design are just wonderful!
    Love this fun scene you've created and your snowman is awesome (especially the scarf). Good luck packing for the UK, you'll need clothes for ALL weather, Have fun!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning. That cute snowman seems to be throwing his arms up, smiling and saying 'oh well, it was fun'...about the challenge. Really cute card!
    Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great Christmas card.Love the snowman.Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, fab colours too.
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the snowman and the scroll. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute card! Love your sweet little snowman and gorgeous colours! Love the decoration inside your card too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, and love that you've picked up on the orange in the paper!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, I love the snowman image and that die cut scroll is one of my favorites, thank you for joining in with the ATC's & Cards with attitude challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great little image. Have a super holiday. Thanks for sharing it with us at AnnaBelles this week.

    ReplyDelete